Skip to main content

Topic Brainstorm




Photo by Darren Halstead on Unsplash

 I have absolutely no idea how I am going to narrow this down so quickly, but I will start to attempt to do so. I am having a hard time since a lot of the topics seem very promising and I am interested to start with things that call my name.

I think I am really interested in focusing on a Fairy Tale possibly, I like the idea of rewriting those and I did that last blog post. That was something I really enjoyed doing. I think the idea of focusing on a Fairytale and telling the story from a villain's perspective or giving a backstory similar to how the movie maleficent gives a backstory to the esteemed villain of the sleeping beauty story or similarly to Into the Woods the Sondheim musical that shows how the characters are flawed in some way and "happily ever after," isn't quite what it seems. Resources I looked at. 

Another topic I may be interested in is urban legends, I didn't realize that was an option but I am super interested in doing research on urban legends. I loved the game poptropica growing up, and there was an island where you were supposed to go search for the different cryptids and decide whether they were real or not. Whether it be Nessie the Loch ness Monster, Bigfoot or the Chupacabra I think the idea is super cool. I am not exactly sure how I would approach this project necessarily, but I think I could do something exciting with it.  Web source.

I also thought about possibly doing a goddess and going through her life and stories because strong feminine divine figures are extremely interesting and could be cool to focus on. I don't know exactly what culture of goddess I would want to focus on if I chose this route, but I like the idea of the Huntresses of Artemis and talking about that as a chosen family. Another goddess I have heard about and may want to think about is Venus from Roman mythology. The only knowledge I really have of these are just talking with my friends about which goddesses we would be in mythology, but I'm interested in learning more. Web source.

Finally, my fourth option is Jewish Fairytales because I have taken several Jewish History classes and I think it could be cool to analyze the history in another sense of the word. To focus on the storytelling that the people shared and talk about the different characters that were influential in the retelling throughout the years. Web source

I think honestly, I really like the idea of doing a story about cryptids because I find them very interesting, but I don't quite know how I would go about it in a storybook way. Hopefully I can figure that out but if anyone has any ideas I am all ears!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to All Things Sav

   This photo was taken pre-COVID by my sister Hey guys! My name is Savannah, I am a Senior PR major at the University of Oklahoma with a concentration in pre-law and a minor in History! I am taking a gap year in order to prepare for law school and hopefully enroll in the fall of 2022. I don't necessarily have a dream job, but I've wanted to go into law since I was 5 years old and I saw a lawyer on a TV show, and for some reason that called me to the profession.  A weird fact about me is I've moved around a lot, I was born in Delaware, then moved to Georgia in Elementary school. In Middle School, I moved to Shanghai China and believe me growing up in a country where no one understands you is a bit frustrating, especially when middle school is already as difficult as it is. Then in High School, I moved to Kansas, and that is why I am currently at the University of Oklahoma today!  I will say I absolutely hate sad movies or dramatic movies, but for some reason, I watched the

Comment Wall

  Photo from Travel and Leisure My Cryptid Safari Blog

Week 7 Story: My Tiny Horse

Photo:  Timur Romanov on Unsplash  Story Source: The Little Hunting Dog   There once was a boy, Ernest, who lived on a farm with his parents. He had not many friends, and he kept to himself for the most part. The farm that he lived on was very desolate, not too many people around and he had to be homeschooled. One night his parents were sitting at the dinner table talking closely when Ernest walked in nervously.  "Ernest, go to sleep sweetheart," his Maw exclaimed, "your Paw and I are just discussing adult matters, you don't need to worry about."  "Maw, I am an adult though!" Ernest looked at his parents, upset that they would keep things from him like this. "We're selling our farm, son." Paw said, unable to look his boy in the eyes.  "But Paw.... what about the animals? Where will they go?" Ernest was beginning to worry because his animals were his only company. His parents looked away from him, ashamed at the lengths they had