Skip to main content

Week 14 Story: Italian Micro-fiction

 




Photo by Bence Balla-Schottner on Unsplash

Zelinda and the Monster:

Father Goes to Town:

There was a man with three daughters, all different in disposition. They all asked him for something from town when he left. Rosina asked for a dress, Marietta wanted a shawl and Zelinda wanted just a rose. Their father was headed back when he realized he had no rose, he went into the field and found one to pick. Once he picked the rose, a monster appeared and began to threaten him. This monster threatened the man's life. The father begged and begged, he had three daughters at home alone he needed to care for. The monster let him go, but required a life.


Zelinda in the Castle:
Zelinda heard her father's story and knew it was all her fault, she volunteered to be given to the monster. When they got there, the beast was satisfied with his sacrifice and sent the father out. He kept the girl there and fell in love with her. Zelinda was indifferent, she could not love such a hideous disgusting thing. The monster would profess his love for her every day in the gardens. "Won't you marry me, things will change I swear it," but Zelinda continued to tell him she could never love him. He was too hideous. 

The Monster's Plan:
The monster told Zelinda that if she did not marry him, her father would surely die. He showed her the future in a mirror and she saw it to be true. She sobbed and sobbed knowing what she had to do. To save her father she must marry this cruel monster. "Okay monster, I will marry you to save my father." Once Zelinda spoke these words, a handsome youth took the place of this creature, shocking her entirely. She was completely okay with this marriage. They decided to elope and run away for true love had taken over them both.

Comments

  1. Hey Savanna! Loved the story! I found it kinda funny how the girl was okay with marrying the monster after he transformed. I mean didn't he just threaten to kill her father haha! Maybe he was trapped in some spell? I really liked how you separated the story into three different parts as well! Nicely done on this story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

  Photo from Travel and Leisure My Cryptid Safari Blog

Introduction to All Things Sav

   This photo was taken pre-COVID by my sister Hey guys! My name is Savannah, I am a Senior PR major at the University of Oklahoma with a concentration in pre-law and a minor in History! I am taking a gap year in order to prepare for law school and hopefully enroll in the fall of 2022. I don't necessarily have a dream job, but I've wanted to go into law since I was 5 years old and I saw a lawyer on a TV show, and for some reason that called me to the profession.  A weird fact about me is I've moved around a lot, I was born in Delaware, then moved to Georgia in Elementary school. In Middle School, I moved to Shanghai China and believe me growing up in a country where no one understands you is a bit frustrating, especially when middle school is already as difficult as it is. Then in High School, I moved to Kansas, and that is why I am currently at the University of Oklahoma today!  I will say I absolutely hate sad movies or dramatic movies, but for some reason, I watched the

Week 7 Story: My Tiny Horse

Photo:  Timur Romanov on Unsplash  Story Source: The Little Hunting Dog   There once was a boy, Ernest, who lived on a farm with his parents. He had not many friends, and he kept to himself for the most part. The farm that he lived on was very desolate, not too many people around and he had to be homeschooled. One night his parents were sitting at the dinner table talking closely when Ernest walked in nervously.  "Ernest, go to sleep sweetheart," his Maw exclaimed, "your Paw and I are just discussing adult matters, you don't need to worry about."  "Maw, I am an adult though!" Ernest looked at his parents, upset that they would keep things from him like this. "We're selling our farm, son." Paw said, unable to look his boy in the eyes.  "But Paw.... what about the animals? Where will they go?" Ernest was beginning to worry because his animals were his only company. His parents looked away from him, ashamed at the lengths they had