Skip to main content

Week 15 Microfiction: Cryptids


Bigfoot:

For the past 400 years a 6 to 15 tall Sasquatch roamed the woods in the Pacific Northwest. Some say he is a remnant of Neanderthals other find him an anomaly. His quiet movements have kept him safe, but records have shown high pitched cries in the area. The Abominable Snowman and Yeti are kin to the American Bigfoot. He has been sighted but never caught. In Bluff Creek California a video was taken of a creature strolling through the forest. Why does Bigfoot wish to be hidden? Does he know something we don't? Probably.



Chupacabra:

The Chupacabra, chupar which means to suck and cabra which means goat, is a blood sucking reptilian creature that targets livestock. There are reports on farms in Puerto Rico of a vampiric creature targeting and draining blood from sheep and goats. People have described this cryptid to have the lower body of a kangaroo and the upper body of a primate with crab claws. Every found DNA match and photograph of alleged Chupacabra have been coyote-like-creatures with mange and disease. No one has ever photographed the Chupacabra but he continues to leave a trail of bodies in his wake.




The Jersey Devil:

The Jersey Devil or the Leeds Devil lives around Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia and has the head of a horse, body of a wyvern and wings of a bat. It was a product of Mother Leeds who had 12 children. When she found out she would have a thirteenth child, she cursed him and cried that the child would be the devil. In 1735, mother Leeds was giving birth and the child turned into the creature. It flew away up the chimney and escaped forever. Many local clergymen tried to exorcise the creature from the Pine Barrens to no avail.

Photos all by Cassie Tucker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to All Things Sav

   This photo was taken pre-COVID by my sister Hey guys! My name is Savannah, I am a Senior PR major at the University of Oklahoma with a concentration in pre-law and a minor in History! I am taking a gap year in order to prepare for law school and hopefully enroll in the fall of 2022. I don't necessarily have a dream job, but I've wanted to go into law since I was 5 years old and I saw a lawyer on a TV show, and for some reason that called me to the profession.  A weird fact about me is I've moved around a lot, I was born in Delaware, then moved to Georgia in Elementary school. In Middle School, I moved to Shanghai China and believe me growing up in a country where no one understands you is a bit frustrating, especially when middle school is already as difficult as it is. Then in High School, I moved to Kansas, and that is why I am currently at the University of Oklahoma today!  I will say I absolutely hate sad movies or dramatic movies, but for some reason, I watched the

Comment Wall

  Photo from Travel and Leisure My Cryptid Safari Blog

Week 7 Story: My Tiny Horse

Photo:  Timur Romanov on Unsplash  Story Source: The Little Hunting Dog   There once was a boy, Ernest, who lived on a farm with his parents. He had not many friends, and he kept to himself for the most part. The farm that he lived on was very desolate, not too many people around and he had to be homeschooled. One night his parents were sitting at the dinner table talking closely when Ernest walked in nervously.  "Ernest, go to sleep sweetheart," his Maw exclaimed, "your Paw and I are just discussing adult matters, you don't need to worry about."  "Maw, I am an adult though!" Ernest looked at his parents, upset that they would keep things from him like this. "We're selling our farm, son." Paw said, unable to look his boy in the eyes.  "But Paw.... what about the animals? Where will they go?" Ernest was beginning to worry because his animals were his only company. His parents looked away from him, ashamed at the lengths they had